Friday, April 16, 2010

Another self portrait assignment. This one was from first semester and done for my painting class with Daniel Solomon. It's 48 by 48 on canvas, and done in very watered down acrylics. This piece was done a little out of my comfort zone at the time but I really enjoyed the size and want to continue on with this type of painting and technique. Usually I prefer working on wood due to the flat surface in order to get even blocks of colour but this piece has altered my view on canvas and made me want to go back and experiment with the different surface. The top image is what was originally handed in but felt unfinished. We were allowed to go back to our assignments throughout the semester and rehand them in when we felt they were in more of a finished state. The piece as it stands now, although I'm not 100% sure it's fully complete is pictured below.

1 comment:

Carl Stevenson said...

This piece is currently in the 'Exposure 2010' show at the Goderich Co-op Gallery.